Lord of the Rings RPG Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bring your friends and game groups and show the community the Lord of the Rings RPG is still active!
I'm sorry to announce that the projects have been abandoned. Feel free to use what's posted.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Writing and collection
Finally starting! EmptyWed Apr 16, 2014 3:13 am by Eiweing

» The One Ring
Finally starting! EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 6:58 pm by Pallandir

» Greetings
Finally starting! EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 10:12 am by Celegorn

» Still Here
Finally starting! EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 2:59 pm by ThunderChilde

» Conversion - Words of the Wise
Finally starting! EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 2:45 pm by ThunderChilde

» Writing and collection
Finally starting! EmptyThu May 17, 2012 10:44 am by Kel

» Template?
Finally starting! EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 11:08 am by Kel

» Almost through
Finally starting! EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 9:01 am by Celegorn

» Finally starting!
Finally starting! EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 7:33 am by Celegorn

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

You are not connected. Please login or register

Finally starting!

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Finally starting! Empty Finally starting! Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:51 pm

Celegorn

Celegorn
Admin

So, as long as I get my homework done (a number of magazine articles and 15 pages of assorted research papers) and stop being sick, I'll finally be able to get a game going! Exciting because I should be able to get some work done on Chapter One of the default chronicle.

http://www.wix.com/skinnerman02/lord-of-the-rpg-archive

2Finally starting! Empty Re: Finally starting! Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:07 am

Celegorn

Celegorn
Admin

Game session report: Okay, yesterday I was actually able to get a game running! However, as much fun as we had, we didn't get very far.

For those who've played through the House of Margil, you know that Elrond gives you a mission to seek out a Ranger who has gone missing, Margil. He's about an 8-10 day away march away from Rivendell. Our intrepid heroes consisted of Aegnor, a dunedain magician; Argeleb, a dunedain noble (subject to change); and Scanthac, a female dunedain rogue (also subject to change). The heroes graciously accept the mission from lord Elrond and start off on their travels. However, on the first days hard march, Scanthac has a disastrous accident marching out of the valley and twists her ankle, causing the party to make camp early. This injury would slow the party significantly, adding days to their estimated time of arrival.
The next day , overcast and slightly windy, brings a trying march and the party nears exhaustion 5 hours into their their travels. The importance of their mission causes them to push on, though, even when coming to a long and deep ravine. Exploring the edge and side of the crevice, Aegnor believed he found a relatively safe area to begin descent. He was mistaken. The party slides into the ravine down the sides, incurring numerous injuries on their way down. Still feeling the importance of their mission, they soldier on, finding what looks to be a safer path some distance through the ravine, through a patch of darkness.
As the heroes begin to march into the darkness, they notice the ground to be somewhat soft and a little sticky. Argeleb attributes this effect to the presence of water making the ground muddy. To prove his claims, he attempts to cut some of the foliage growing at the bottom of the ravine free, only to have it get stuck. At this moment, he notices a chittering sound the others do not. In order to assist Argeleb in finding his weapon, Aegnor lights the tip of his staff and, to the party's surprise, illuminates a giant spider. As Argeleb was leading the party, he is immediately sprayed with web by the spider and is poisoned, a wound that will prove to be great. Aegnor's attempts to battle the beast with magic fail and he results in using a sword. Scanthac will eventually brain the creature, but not before she suffers a wounding, poisonous bite herself.
The party then decides to make camp next to the still twitching body of their fallen enemy. This battle has tested their courage and fortitude, but the coming day will prove to be their greatest challenge.
After recovering their stamina, the heroes asses their wounds. Scanthac and Argeleb have received many wounds and all attempts to heal them made by Aegnor have come to not. Yet, the ever stubborn Argeleb, insists on marching forward. As Aegnor is the only party member who has not suffered any major injuries, he attempts to scale the wall with great success. At the top he ties a silk rope, gifted by Elrond to a boulder in order to securely anchor the line. Scanthac climbs up next with little trouble and the two await the arrival of Argeleb. His injuries would prove too great for the task of climbing and, even assisted by the help of the rope, falls down the face of the cliff several times, incurring more wounds. Aegnor determines to help his friend, but on the way down, the knot he tied slipped and Aegnor falls down the side of the cliff. Scanthac, in a huff, mentions she should have tied the knot and begins to climb down the cliff face once more in order to retrieve the rope and re-anchor it to the boulder. Her injuries have also been more damaging to her body than she thought and she tumbles down the cliff face.
Having to start, once again, from the bottom of the ravine, Scanthac and Aegnor climb back to the top, re-anchor the line, and await the arrival of Argeleb. Yet, the noble's wounds still prove too great for the task and he body gives way to disastrous consequences. He slips on the cliff face and dislodges a boulder on the way down, which opens a flowing wound in his body. Immediately, Aegnor and Scanthac descend into the chasm once again to help their friend, but the speed of the descent makes Scanthac lose her hold upon the rope slide down the cliff face, narrowly missing Aegnor. At the bottom of the ravine, Aegnor manages to stabilize Argeleb before they determine to rest for a few days to regain some strength.

This is where the first session ends. The heroes have had a rough go of things thus far, and are camping at the bottom of a dark, damp, and cold ravine. As one player was unable to make it to the first game session, let's hope his appearance is a boon to the group, and not a hindrance. I don't think the party could stand more disappointment. All things considered, we had fun.

3Finally starting! Empty Re: Finally starting! Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:43 am

dwhofmann

I've just gotta say, the rogue strains her ankle, the wilderness survival almost passes out after 5 hours of normal walking. Then the two follow a clueless city bred magician down a ravine. At the end of the day, the magician remains virtually untouched while the 2 fighters are unconscious. That's awesome.

4Finally starting! Empty Re: Finally starting! Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:56 pm

Pallandir

Pallandir

Hows this turning out? Or did you not get together since this session?

5Finally starting! Empty Re: Finally starting! Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:47 pm

Celegorn

Celegorn
Admin

We did manage to get together a few more times, but the game sort of fell apart after the semester finished. It happens. Then I started a Star Wars Saga Edition campaign instead (got more players that way). Planning on running Palladium's Rifts over my summer vacation (whilst working on the supplements I have in the tube for this game). But I haven't gone back to this game unfortunately. This is the 5th or 6th time I've tried to run this particular campaign, and I can never finish it. I never even get to the introduction of the main bad guy...

6Finally starting! Empty Re: Finally starting! Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:49 am

lorenzfear

What's the Difference between Pbp And Table top ?

7Finally starting! Empty Re: Finally starting! Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:33 am

Celegorn

Celegorn
Admin

A PbP (an acronym Play-by-Post) is a game played on a message board. A traditional P'n'P (Pen and Paper) is played by gathering a bunch of people together, in real-life and in real-time, around a table. Either way, you're pretty much doing the same thing. Only actually gathering together takes less time to adventure due to the fact you're not waiting for everyone to reply to posts.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum