Lord of the Rings RPG Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bring your friends and game groups and show the community the Lord of the Rings RPG is still active!
I'm sorry to announce that the projects have been abandoned. Feel free to use what's posted.
Similar topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Writing and collection
Writing and collection EmptyWed Apr 16, 2014 3:13 am by Eiweing

» The One Ring
Writing and collection EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 6:58 pm by Pallandir

» Greetings
Writing and collection EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 10:12 am by Celegorn

» Still Here
Writing and collection EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 2:59 pm by ThunderChilde

» Conversion - Words of the Wise
Writing and collection EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 2:45 pm by ThunderChilde

» Writing and collection
Writing and collection EmptyThu May 17, 2012 10:44 am by Kel

» Template?
Writing and collection EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 11:08 am by Kel

» Almost through
Writing and collection EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 9:01 am by Celegorn

» Finally starting!
Writing and collection EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 7:33 am by Celegorn

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

You are not connected. Please login or register

Writing and collection

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Writing and collection Empty Writing and collection Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:57 am

Celegorn

Celegorn
Admin

This Sourcebook is currently being researched and written. All submissions are welcome and will be reviewed.

Writing and collection Cover-10

http://www.wix.com/skinnerman02/lord-of-the-rpg-archive

2Writing and collection Empty Re: Writing and collection Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:58 pm

Pallandir

Pallandir

Can't wait for this one! I have always loved the Hobbit over the other books and have read it over and over again (Started again yesterday). For some reason it holds my attention more than the other books. Good Luck!

3Writing and collection Empty Re: Writing and collection Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:45 pm

Celegorn

Celegorn
Admin

So the plan behind the supplement will have it looking like the other journey supplements. In other words, I'm sticking to what's in the book itself. So, if it's not in the book, I'm not including it. This means no section on the Fall of the Necromancer. I might make a small booklet on those events, or at least stat blocks, but I have limited time.

I'm working through the stat blocks for the characters already (which are blissfully limited in number) and will be starting work on the summary within the next few days.

4Writing and collection Empty Re: Writing and collection Sat May 14, 2011 10:18 am

Celegorn

Celegorn
Admin

Working as furiously as time allows. Have stat blocks finished for most of the characters (but not the summaries). Just thought I'd drop a quick status update. I have a 7 week break before my last semester, which I'm going to devote to supplements. If I'm not being overly ambitious, I ought to finish The Hobbit, Rangers, and War of the Ring (maybe even The Return of the King if I'm especially industrious) amongst my work on supplements for my Star Wars Saga Edition campaign. Whew, That sounds like a lot. Well see how it goes.

(I REALLY want to finish the RotK and the WotR stuff, some people have been waiting a LONG time to see the fruits of their labors)

5Writing and collection Empty Re: Writing and collection Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:26 pm

Pallandir

Pallandir

Hows this supplement doing?

6Writing and collection Empty Re: Writing and collection Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:08 pm

Thieromer

What is with the ranger supplement? It is going on?

7Writing and collection Empty Re: Writing and collection Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:55 pm

Celegorn

Celegorn
Admin

To be honest, I haven't touched anything related to these supplements for months. Too much school work. I'll be cracking down on myself to try and get the Hobbit done after this next week, and maybe Rangers too.

Rangers is a supplement I've planned that expands on the Dunedain of the North. I'll post the planned table of contents for the book in that thread.

8Writing and collection Empty Re: Writing and collection Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:30 am

Pallandir

Pallandir

Don't rush yourself, we all appreciate what your doing! Everything I've seen you do is amazing. I doubt I could ever do that. You're Tolkien-Gifted Smile

9Writing and collection Empty Re: Writing and collection Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:20 am

Celegorn

Celegorn
Admin

I did start studying literature because of Tolkien. I've been writing literary commentary for so long now I'm going to have to constantly remind myself that literary theory doesn't belong in this kind RPG. Sorry Foucault.

10Writing and collection Empty Re: Writing and collection Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:05 am

Thieromer

How is the status of the supplements?

11Writing and collection Empty Re: Writing and collection Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:53 pm

Celegorn

Celegorn
Admin

My computer is old and decided to get corrupted by a pretty nasty virus. The only way I get do anything was to log on in safe-mode with networking. That got old REAL quick. But I couldn't save any of the work I'd done recently, so I'm set back a week or so of work. I've spent the last few days trying to get my computer back in operable order, but I still need to install a few dozen programs and go through about 100 more system updates. I just hope formatting my drive obliterated that cursed virus and I won't have to deal with any more malfunctions.

The hardest part is remembering what the deuce I'd written in the first place! Shocked

12Writing and collection Empty Re: Writing and collection Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:11 am

Thieromer

system recovery point can perhaps help you?

13Writing and collection Empty Re: Writing and collection Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:46 pm

Celegorn

Celegorn
Admin

Nope, virus interrupted the ability the restore using a recovery point. So I formatted. I can only do so much now, though. My brother has a few of my install discs, so now I missing programs. He lives a number of hours away and we're both busy. But I'll snag the programs I need to finish the book next time we see each other. I'm still in the process of writing the material though, and I can actually DO that. So I'm working on what I can. I'm starting my last semester of school, and with the newest allotment of loan money I'm buying a new computer. Hopefully I won't have as many problems with the new one.

14Writing and collection Empty Re: Writing and collection Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:14 am

Pallandir

Pallandir

Any updates on the Hobbit Supplement?

15Writing and collection Empty Re: Writing and collection Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:11 pm

Celegorn

Celegorn
Admin

Got myself a new PC with grant money from my last semester of school, but the last 4 months have been SUPER busy. Hard semester, birth of my first baby (a little girl), graduation, family, thanksgiving, wife's birthday, Christmas, and trying to find a full-time job in there to boot. Been trying to work on it slowly when I get a chance. Right now, I'm studying medieval history books, as well as Germanic myth, to try and get a better idea of what I want to do with the planned supplements (also trying to learn German better). I doubt it'll be done before the end of the year, hoping for a February release date. Sorry for the delay and wait for all the books. This is purely a private venture and that's a lot of work to do yourself, especially for free. But know that I AM working on it and it WILL be finished.

16Writing and collection Empty Re: Writing and collection Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:49 pm

Thieromer

Any update?

17Writing and collection Empty Re: Writing and collection Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:48 pm

Celegorn

Celegorn
Admin

Not a whole lot of news outside "slow and steady progress." I am but one man attempting to accomplish many supplements alone and on my own time. My days consist of looking after my 3 month old baby girl, keeping house, and looking for a career job. All terribly time consuming, more than one might think. And, as unfortunate as it is sometimes (not so much with the child) more important to my life and marriage than gaming. If any of you are aware of any career positions available to a college grad, or English BA specifically, however, getting that job would significantly speed up the process.

18Writing and collection Empty Re: Writing and collection Thu May 17, 2012 10:44 am

Kel

No problem, Man!

I'm eager to see your future work but I am also a father and completely understand your situation.

Wish you luck for your job search!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum